Quicktime Full Screen

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by uMac, Jun 20, 2007.

1. uMac macrumors 6502

When I am playing things in quicktime, when I set it to full screen I would like it to darken out the rest of the screen (similar to Media Player) is that Possible?

2. brandon6684 Guest

What do you mean? When it's in full screen, there shouldn't be any thing else visible.

3. TequilaBoobs macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

the apple bastards charge extra for that feature. you can download VLC player that offers full screen image, which also happens to play virtually any video format, and its free.

4. applecow macrumors member

I second VLC. You need QuickTime Pro in order to get "real" full screen on your computer. Might as well go with a free one.

5. brandon6684 Guest

Ah, he was trying to maximize the windows, okay, I get it now. Yeah, either use VLC or iTunes. I don't know why they keep this archaic restriction around. In Leopard quickview should also work around this.

6. JurgenWigg macrumors 6502

JurgenWigg

I agree. I also like Divx player as well, because if you're not doing full screen the borders fade out, it's a nice look just having a box with a movie going in it. I second VLC, and the notion that quicktime pro is a shameful attempt to get more money, versus just using something else.

7. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

There is an apple script out there that can make Quicktime fullscreen without Quicktime Pro, don't have the link just now, but I'm sure you can find it by googling.

8. brandon6684 Guest

Another good point. There are so many options for full screen quicktime, just not in the main UI. I'd guess that eventually Apple will make that a standard feature, especially since their own apps have work arounds too.

9. timestoby macrumors 6502

i third VLC its the only thing i use,except mpc for 720p films

10. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

I wonder whether Apple will keep up this "pay for full-screen" nonsense long, as Leopard's Quick Look allows full-screen playback. To require payment to play in Quicktime Player will no longer make sense.

My guess, though, is that more than half the people who buy Quicktime Pro are those who simply want full-screen playback, so Apple must have thought out something to keep the revenue stream flowing.

irmongoose

11. brettjohn macrumors member