Quicktime fullscreen after buying Final Cut Express HD?

adriantoll

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Scotland
I've just bought Final Cut Express HD, and I'm experimenting with it.

The thing is, if I try and play an exported movie in QuickTime, I can't watch it in fulllscreen. Given that Final Cut covers all the other functions in QuickTime Pro, why should I fork out for QuickTime Pro? Am I missing something simple, like QuickTime Pro being provided on the Final Cut DVDs somewhere? I don't want to have to open stuff in Final Cut just to watch it fullscreen. What's the best way forward? Is there another media player which plays QuickTime in fullscreen that I can download and set as the default player?

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
FCP comes with Quicktime Pro. I'm Not sure about Express though. Check where your Serial Number is located.... there might be an extra one that is Quicktime Pro.

adriantoll

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Scotland
Thom_Edwards said:
That's pretty much exactly what I need :) Although one small niggle is that it leaves the bar underneath the movie which is a bit of a problem if the movie you're trying to watch is primarily black as it distracts from the movie itself.

Unfortunately it seems that FCE doesn't come with QTP, which seems really weird to me, given the price differential...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.