Quicktime Help Please!

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
Switzerland
Hi guys n girls,

I've got a problem with quicktime, now since the last update of around Quicktime 6, I get a crackling sound through my speakers when trying to watch anything through Quicktime, but I though I'd wait for an update, guess what, just updated to 7.1 and its still there, so any suggestions? iTunes works fine. PS I'm unfortuuntly using a PC....

Cheers

billy_d_goat

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2005
Hey MacRules,

Perhaps you just have your volume up to high? Audio will crack when its gain it too high...maybe the volume on QuickTime or your system sound? I haven't heard of any particular cracking audio issues in QuickTime as of late.

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
Switzerland
OK, I've unistalled it, and reinstalled the iTunes bundled version and the stand-alone version, I've changed various settings in Quicktime, but it still won't work... Its sooo frustrating!

Any ideas please?!

Cheers

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
Switzerland
OK, I've updated all my drivers for my sound card and reinstalled Quicktime about 3times, and its still no good! Somebody please help!

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
Switzerland
OK, I've sorted it, finally, I reduced the sound output to 96KHz instead of 192KHz, as this somehow was muckin my driver up...

Oh well

Cheers