Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xfactor11391

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2005
I am trying to export a video file from Quicktime Pro version 7.0.3. It works fine for until about 1/5 the way through then it just stops but it still looks like its importing. I left it overnight and it never moved. I tried 2 different video files and it did the same thing. I am repairing disk permissions right now. Is there anything else that could be wrong????
Thanks for the help

RatVega

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2005
Southern California
xfactor11391 said:
I am trying to export a video file from Quicktime Pro version 7.0.3. It works fine for until about 1/5 the way through then it just stops but it still looks like its importing. I left it overnight and it never moved. I tried 2 different video files and it did the same thing. I am repairing disk permissions right now. Is there anything else that could be wrong????
Thanks for the help

To get a meaningful answer, you'll need to give more info, like model of Mac, RAM & disk used, OS level, what application the video is coming from, which codec you're using, stuff like that...

Also, have you exported successfully before in a different version of QuickTime Pro? Have you ever exported successfully using anything? How long is the video? Have you tried trashing any relevant prefs? When did you last run your crons? (Ignore this one if you leave your Mac running (not sleeping) 24/7)

screensaver400

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2005
RatVega said:
To get a meaningful answer, you'll need to give more info, like model of Mac, RAM & disk used, OS level, what application the video is coming from, which codec you're using, stuff like that...

Also, have you exported successfully before in a different version of QuickTime Pro? Have you ever exported successfully using anything? How long is the video? Have you tried trashing any relevant prefs? When did you last run your crons? (Ignore this one if you leave your Mac running (not sleeping) 24/7)

Yeah, we need that info.

FWIW, my Rev. D 12" Powerbook took a full 24 hours to reencode a DivX movie to H.264.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.