Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unispherephoto

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2004
is it just me or is there no way to view quicktime video within firefox?
it annoys me to no end to have a bunch of mpgs cluttering my download folder when i have no intention of keeping them...

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
unispherephoto said:
is it just me or is there no way to view quicktime video within firefox?
it annoys me to no end to have a bunch of mpgs cluttering my download folder when i have no intention of keeping them...

I don't have any problems viewing quicktime videos in Firefox - either when embedded in a page, or as a standalone video. I just tested it (to be sure) by viewing a couple movie trailers over at quicktime.com.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
unispherephoto said:
strange..it must have just been the site i was at at the time..quicktime.com works for me too.. as does http://www.ebaumsworld.com/gijoe.html which everyone should see.

I would guess that the site in question does not have quicktime video set correctly in their mime.types file. Might be worth dropping them a note, once you are sure it's only their site that's being problematic.

I'll check out the other link after work. Some of the stuff on ebaumsworld is not work-safe - although generally it's pretty funny! :D (I'm at lunch, so MacRumors is allowed)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.