Quicktime Issues?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by leftbanke7, Jan 30, 2008.

1. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

Sorry if this is posted. A forum search didn't yield any answers.

I just got pulling some vids off of youtube and converting them to mp4s via iSquint. I wanted to play them in Quicktime before putting them into iTunes to make sure they were ok and to trim away some of the fat. However, Quicktime will only play the audio (only an audio window pops up, not a video window). However, when I put them into iTunes, they play normal. I checked all my old videos to test it as they have played fine in Quicktime in the past but the same thing happens with them. And playing a .mov file was normal as well.

I have no idea what the hell is going on but it is rather annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. leftbanke7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

Update:

In further tests, some of the old vids will play normally and some only play audio but I don't see anything that would point to why some will and why some won't.

Update #2

In the get info boxes of the videos that do play in QT, it shows a window dimension where it doesn't in the vids that only play sound. Also, when trying to export the ones that don't play the video as an mpeg4, it says that there is no video source. But they all still play as they should in iTunes.