Quicktime just started acting up...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bill4588, Dec 7, 2007.

1. bill4588 macrumors 6502a

bill4588

Well i decided to uninstall UNO and Application Enhancer, and immediately after doing so I noticed that quicktime doesn't want to play ANY file type correctly. Most of the files i try to play have sound and no video, but there are some that have no sound or video. Is there a way I can fix this?

2. bill4588 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bill4588

ive tried reinstalling flip4mac and divx but that didn't work either. any tips?

3. bill4588 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bill4588

i tried that too but it doesn't work either. this is what it looks like:
    Picture 1.png

4. bill4588 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bill4588

would an archive and install work? or could this problem be fixed by installing leopard (which im getting in a week)?

5. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

This may sound weird, however there is a good chance in might work.

Install the latest system update, using the COMBO update, and NOT the incremental. It should be some hundreds of megabytes, but it should correct the problem. Do this even if you have the latest system installed. Then, repair permissions, do a restart and post back to tell us if you have solved the problem.

6. jnasato macrumors regular

3 months later... But for anyone who has the same problem: The QuickTime-no-movie thing arises from an incompatibility with UNO. The solution is to reinstall QuickTime using a standalone installer. Also, the older QuickTime receipts need to be deleted from the Receipts folder, in order for the installer to work.

7. Bodie macrumors member

This works!

I uninstalled Uno (Restore), went to HD/Library/Receipts and removed ALL QuickTime Receipts, Including 7.4.1 (I'm running Panther 10.4.11), went to Apple downloads to get the stand alone installer for my system, ran the installer and restarted. Bingo. I've got Picture again.

Thanks.