Quicktime MBP keyboard illumination

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by EmeraldICE, Aug 25, 2010.

1. EmeraldICE macrumors member

I've noticed that if I set my MBP's keyboard light to turn off at any time greater than 30 seconds, the light will never turn off when watching movies. I like having my keyboard light set to turn off after 1 minute of inactivity, since any lower than that causes it to turn off and on while I'm reading a web page or whatever, but then it never turns off when I watch movies. Kind of annoying having the light on constantly during a film. Does anyone else have this problem? I guess I could always turn it on and off manually, but that's such a pain when this feature should work properly.

2. borisiii macrumors 6502

The keyboard light turns off after x minutes of computer inactivity. If you are watching a QuickTime movie, the computer considers itself active (so it doesn't go to sleep half way through your film). That is why the lights remain on. Yes it would be a nice feature if developers had access to the keyboard backlight in certain applications, like turning it off when watching a full screen movie, but is it really that big of a deal to turn it off if you are going to watch a film for an hour or more?

If it matters that much to you, head to apple.com/feedback and give 'em hell.