Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

excalibur313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2003
Cambridge, MA
I ran into troubles with the iphone keynote that quicktime would stream it correctly and I would get video but not sound. I am trying to stream a .mov file from a campus server currently and I can't get sound either. Does anyone know why this is and how I can fix it?

EDIT: Sorry, I see now that I should have had this in the software section. My apologies.

excalibur313

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2003
Cambridge, MA
I solved this issue from the following site: http://its.psu.edu/streaming/faq.html#6

"Mac users (OS 10.3 or later) may run into an issue where they see the video, but don't get any sound. This could be caused by another application that has changed the default audio setting to a higher range. The system sounds will work, but QT audio will not. The solution is to open Audio MIDI Setup (/Applications/Utilities/), then check the Audio Output setting. Change the Audio Output to 44100.0 Hz, then quit Audio MIDI Setup. This sometimes occurs after recording audio."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.