Quicktime Pro - Can I run it on more than one Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by forcefieldkid, Feb 14, 2010.

1. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

Seems an obvious yes to me but figured I'd check here to make sure, I have Quicktime Pro on one Mac, if i enter my registration code on the other mac the same way I did on the first, there won't be a problem with that, right?

Thanks,

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

It should work. Apple has the worst anti-ware system I know as the serial isn't checked.

3. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Im not so sure it will. I had Final Cut Express on 2 Machines (same key - I still do, but theyre now different copies). and If I launched it at the same time on both, while they were both on the same network, the second one would refuse to launch. So it may depend on the conditions you attempt to use both copies at once.

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

I don't see anything in the EULA which would bar you from it. No harm, no foul in my book.

5. forcefieldkid thread starter macrumors 6502

I'd only be using it on one machine at a time, if that makes a difference. just obviously want the Pro Upgrade to be present on both.

6. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Then go for it - Its incredibly unlikely that it wouldnt work - hell I (now) know of instances of people using the entire Final Cut Studio kaboodle on several machines, just only using it on 1 at once and it working fine.