QuickTime Pro for Mavericks?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by qtrim, Apr 26, 2014.

1. qtrim macrumors regular

qtrim

I know QT Pro 7 worked on earlier versions of OSX. What is the current equivalent of QuickTime Pro on mavericks?

2. ssls6 macrumors 6502a

ssls6

Quicktime Pro 7

3. Gochugogi macrumors regular

Gochugogi

I still use QT Pro 7 on 10.9.2 and it works fine. Good for quick edits and conversions you can't do in the newer players. As I recall the System installer moved QTR 7 into a separate folder and didn't delete it. Seems like I had to reenter my SN key to get the "pro" features back.

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Yes, Quicktime Pro runs fine on OS 10.9.2. I've always preferred the Pro over the later Quicktime Player.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

No. If you had serialized QuickTime Pro 7, then the OS upgrade preserved your serial number. You did not have to reenter it.

6. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

actually...same thing happened to me, i had to reenter my serial when i moved to mavericks...

7. Gochugogi macrumors regular

Gochugogi

Were you looking over my shoulder? I purchased QuickTime Pro 7 and activated it with the serial number some years back and it lived happily on my Mac Pro. The HD died so I used a backup clone of my HD and Migration Assistant to transfer my apps and settings to 10.9 I installed on a new SSD and, by gum, I had to reenter my serial number to get the "pro" features to work. No biggie as I had the SN on file. Bias Peak also made me do the same along with all the plugins. Office, Adobe and other Apple apps didn't require SN somehow...