Quicktime Pro or iMovie

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by drgrafix, Jul 24, 2009.

1. drgrafix macrumors regular

Feb 9, 2008
    New England
    Hi... This may be the wrong place to post this request, but I'll give it a shot. I'd like to make a 60-second video clip that I can post in one of my forums. I have a photobucket account and I can upload a video clip there but I'm not 100% sure how to embed the actual clip in the forum message.

The second part of my question is related, but with regard to creating the video clip, should I use iMovie and if so, what format do I use to export it? I also bought QT Pro and activated it... thinking I might be able to utilize it to make a useable clip. Only thing is, I can't find it in the applications folder. Is Quicktime Pro hidden in some obscure folder? I'd like to have it show up on my dock.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

Mar 7, 2007
    Quicktime Pro isn't a separate app, it just activates advanced features in Quicktime Player.

If all you need to do is trim and save an existing clip, then use QT Pro.
  3. huntercr macrumors 65816

Jun 6, 2006

For the first part of your question, I think you'd have to share little more about the forum you're wanting to post to. I imagine it's either flash, animated GIF, or animated PNG.

Non of which will iMovie or Quicktime pro let you export to out of the box, though I'm sure there are freeware/shareware tools that will.
    iMovie will let you edit and add basic effects to your video clip, and once you're happy, then you export it, and shrink it down to an appropriate size etc.

See if your forum has a FAQ on posting video. Maybe they do accept quicktime movies, which would be great.