Quicktime Pro, what does it do?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by gotzero, Dec 25, 2007.

1. gotzero macrumors 68040

I got a license for Quicktime Pro 7 for the holidays, and I *think* I installed it. For the life of me, I cannot tell if the reg key really did take (it does show up), and what the program does.

Is there anyone who can shed some light for me? I was kind of hoping it would be Leopard-Compatible replacement for Max (which I am missing so badly, anyone know of anything like it, free or fee?). As far as I can tell, my Quicktime (maybe Pro) cannot even export as mp3?

2. Tarkovsky macrumors 6502

Tarkovsky

Two useful things that I know of.
    The first one is obvious; if you can get fullscreen in quicktime you're in business.

Secondly mac OSXs dvd program will now decode in 5.1 (otherwise it scales to pro logic) when using a digital out.

3. o-mores macrumors newbie

o-mores

Install Perian for QuickTime if you want to see some real changes. (like subtitles, or mkv support, even 5.1 output but for that you have to do some tweaking)

It's free!

Attached Files:

4. gotzero thread starter macrumors 68040

Thanks both of you. I guess I did have the Pro installed. In my opinion the upgrade should be a little more visible, but oh well...

Looking forward to Perian. Looks like that will get a long way towards Max-likeness