Quicktime Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sagebrush13, Apr 11, 2007.

1. sagebrush13 macrumors newbie

A question from a "newbie" mac user, so please be gentle! I purchased Quicktime Pro and see not much difference between the Pro version and the freeware version. Am I missing a step somewhere?

Primary question: I open up Quicktime, and go to the File menu and select "Open File". After that occurs, I see some files/downloads I want to get rid of. How??? The "Delete: key is greyed out..nothing seems to work. Help!

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Your goal is to delete files you don't want anymore?

Ok, you do not delete files through Quicktime Player. You delete them through the Finder application which is the application you use when you are moving through your file windows (click the desktop to make sure you're in the Finder and that Finder is named in the Menu bar in the upper left). Find the folder they are located in and drag them to the Trash Can in the dock. Then you go to the Finder Menu (up top) and you go to Empty Trash.

That make sense? (don't be afraid to say it doesn't!). You don't need QT pro to erase files!

3. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/pro/mac.html

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/pro/unlock-mac_osx.html

Peruse at your leisure. I guess to the basic user the ability to view fullscreen and export to various formats would be the clincher.
    Are you sure that you've registered Quicktime Pro? Under the Quicktime Player menu, select Registration and it should bring up a registration window with your name and an area to input the registration code that should have been e-mailed to you. There's really no difference concerning the interface with the exception of the transparent controls in full screen mode and the fact that the once grayed out options in the menus are now available in the Pro version.

4. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

IIRC, QT Pro also enables you to save a ton of clips to your computer seamlessly... it enables you to very very easily record audio and video clips (if you have a webcam of sorts handy), and it has very very simple editing (such as deleting portions of a recording).

:) Hope that can be of some help.

5. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

I do find it humerous how Apple attempts to convince customers to upgrade to Quicktime Pro.

"Powerful and easy to use, it’s also very affordable. You can upgrade to QuickTime 7 Pro for just $29.99 — why, that’s just 8 cents a day for a year."

Kind of like those commercials for non-profit organizations that provide medical care and assistance to impoverished third world nations.

6. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

yeah i feel uber stoopid for getting QTP.

=(