Quicktime Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hampshireman, Mar 3, 2010.

1. hampshireman macrumors regular

Not new to Mac but new to the above. Just playing really and the help is fairly good but I am lost on a minor thing.

I have a .mov file off my camera. I want to add some text and a couple of still photos stored in a Photoshop file. I have managed to get the text 'sort of' OK but the pics just will not appear.

I have sized them in pixels to suit the movie, Apple C to the clipboard (I think) is that the right shortcut 'cos I am not well versed in s/cuts. Then when I have stopped the Play on the movie and go Edit> Paste the pic doesn't appear.

Help, trying to please daughter and the grandchildren

2. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

Not sure if its exactly what you're asking, but this might either solve it or lead you in the right direction... http://www.mactipper.com/2008/05/watermark-movie-in-quicktime-pro.html

Also, re-reading your post, you need to select the portion of the movie you want the picture to display on. If you see the two arrows beneath the movie time bar, move them to highlight the section you want, or all of it or whatever. Doesn't mention in your post that you did this, so just incase its something that simple :)

3. hampshireman thread starter macrumors regular

Grateful thanks, will take a look in a minute. I did position the arrow slider things.

4. hampshireman thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm! Still not sure.

I have managed to insert some text and even delete some boring sections and join two movies together using the Help button, but when trying to add more text, just one line, it's not showing and when I play over that bit it is supposed to be on, a sort of extremely quick bar code flashes up. It's almost as if the text has been stretched.

Where I was successful and I can't see a difference in the way I'm doing it since you led me to that link mate, the text appeared in either a black section or in a line above the frame. Frankly I'm not bothered what it looks like.