QuickTime Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dodolom, Mar 29, 2010.

1. dodolom macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I accidentaly AppZapped my quicktime and after that cleaned my trash can so it is completely gone now but when I try to install quicktime again from the apple site, it tells me that QuickTime X is already present and it can not install the file I am trying to install.

I've attached an image of what is happening and I'd really appreciate if someone can suggest what to do on this quicktime issue.

Thanks so much in advance,

Dogan

Attached Files:

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

A reinstall of Snow Leopard will fix this. Your update level will be preserved.

3. dodolom thread starter macrumors newbie

How about that. A response from Solon. Well, I am in Westlake :)

Thanks for the response mate.

Also, is there any alternative app out there for Bluesoleil on the MAC platform? It is a bluetooth program for Windows and I was just wondering.

Thanks again

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Which version of QuickTime did you accidentally remove? 7 or X? You *may* be able to reinstall QuickTime 7 by using the installer on the 10.6 DVD. However if you're trying to get QuickTime X back then you're most likely looking at an OS reinstall.

5. dodolom thread starter macrumors newbie

I feel like I had the X version. Everything on my mac was up to date. That's why I assume I had the X.

I guess I will do a clean install.

Thanks guys.

6. jackerin macrumors 6502a

Could it be that it's just an installer receipt that's stopping it? Go to Library/Receipts and see if there is one for Quicktime there, and delete it if there is.

7. dodolom thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Jackerin,

I've done that too before. There was a quicktime file there and I deleted it but still when I was trying to install it, it'd give me the error.