Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ahasver

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Jerusalem
Hi
Seems I am the only one but my quicktime acts up lately. That is inbedded movies play only sometimes. Most of the time I get this weird no picture image instead of the quicktime screen. Anybody an idea (not even the get a mac ads would play correctly from the apple site). Is it possible that the flipformac software causes this???
please anybody an idea?
ahasver:confused: :confused: :confused:

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Hi
Seems I am the only one but my quicktime acts up lately. That is inbedded movies play only sometimes. Most of the time I get this weird no picture image instead of the quicktime screen. Anybody an idea (not even the get a mac ads would play correctly from the apple site). Is it possible that the flipformac software causes this???
please anybody an idea?
ahasver:confused: :confused: :confused:
First thing I'd check is your QuickTime preferences. An incorrectly set connection speed or media type settings, etc. can cause these sorts of issues.

ahasver

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Jerusalem
that is not it

First thing I'd check is your QuickTime preferences. An incorrectly set connection speed or media type settings, etc. can cause these sorts of issues.

I checked but the settings seem fine it just acts up the whole time on both of my machines that is what is driving me nuts because it means that I create the problem :(

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I checked but the settings seem fine it just acts up the whole time on both of my machines that is what is driving me nuts because it means that I create the problem :(
In that case, I suspect a misbehaving QuickTime component that you've installed to be the cause. Try looking in your user Library's QuickTime folder as well as the global Library QuickTime folder and moving all the components in there to the desktop. Test it again (make sure you quit and relaunch QuickTime Player as well as any web browsers you have open for the change to take effect). Does it work now? If it does, try adding components one by one until you find the one causing the problem.

ahasver

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Jerusalem
Found it was the mediaplayer connectivity addon for firefox that causes this. Weird it causes problems with all browsers. That is something I don't get but seems to be gone now. Thanks for your suppport

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.