quicktime problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lee:J, Jun 27, 2008.

1. lee:J macrumors newbie

hi ive got some movies in AVI format and they played well with sound before burning then wen i burned them with IDVD they didn't have any sound in the dvd player and even the AVI file couldn't play sound with quicktime:mad::eek: i can play all them with VLC?

can any one help please, thank you.:)

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

AVI is a container format, not a movie format. The QuickTime Player or VLC can tell you the formats of the video and audio tracks. They can also tell you if the video has separate video and audio tracks or if they are multiplexed (muxed) into a single track. Because you have no audio after burning to DVD, this may be the case.

3. lee:J thread starter macrumors newbie

hi i was reading some other forums and found out this was an ever occuring problem and i downloaded the A52codec and it all worked, i burnt them to dvd player again and it worked so idvd must use quicktime to encode all the audio and what not.

thanks alot Misterme for taking the time to reply

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Yes, it does. QuickTime is the set of audio-visual frameworks for MacOS X. With the exception of certain apps like VLC, all audio-visual/graphic-compatible MacOS X apps use QuickTime.

You're welcome.