Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarsUltor

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
I have been running snow leopard for some time now, and found that quicktime does some annoying things that previous versions didn't. So, I'll have a quicktime file playing (the same problem exists in all video formats i have tried, eg .avi, .m4p, .wmv, etc) and i'll advance the movie by clicking on the timetrack at the bottom... it seems like about 75% of the time i click on the timetrack, the movie automatically pauses (and thus i must manually un-pause the movie), and the other 25% of the time, the movie continues without pausing... is there any way to make it so that the movie never pauses when i click on the timetrack?

elitesouth

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2009
Savannah GA
I'm not completely sure, but this may be an odd "human interaction" feature they've implemented in 10.6.

Quicktime may be interpreting your scroll (aka scrub) speeds in a specific ways, trying to determine your intent, and either resuming your video or pausing it based on the speed and distance across the timeline you drag the marker.

This is just a hypothesis... let's see if someone comes up with an actual solution or explanation.

MarsUltor

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
your hypothesis is rational, but i have tested it out and don't think that that is the issue... does anybody else have this problem?

jbuk

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
QT X pauses after scrubbing for me as well, and what's more, it doesn't automatically start playing when I enter full screen. Why did they have to change it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.