Quicktime refusing to play WWDC '08 Keynote

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by eab6287, Jun 12, 2008.

1. eab6287 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

For some reason since Apple has posted the stream of the keynote, I haven't been able to get it to play. I've tried several times a day every day since it's been posted.

When I click either the normal or HD stream button on Apple's site, Quicktime opens normally but where the video should be I just get the white background / blue Quicktime logo and the blue bar that moves to indicate that it's supposedly doing something. After a few minutes, the status area just says 'Disconnected'.

I'm using a fast internet connection that's never given me a problem with any other video stream. I've watched keynotes in the past with no problem. Now, though, this won't play nor will any other video in the Apple Events section of the Quicktime Media Guide. It will stream movie trailers, HD segments, etc from the Media Guide with no problem.

I have a new-ish iMac 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, OS X 10.5.3 with the latest Quicktime software version (7.5).

Thanks!

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Subscribe to the Keynote podcast and download it in iTunes.

3. eab6287 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply.

That's actually what I'm doing now - I'm still curious why none of the special events streams work though and everything else is fine. It just seemed very odd.