Quicktime slooowww to export

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by BrandoFiasco, Jul 21, 2011.

1. BrandoFiasco macrumors member

Has anybody noticed that the 'Save As' option in QT has been replaced by 'Export' and it takes for daaaayyyys to export? In SL, saving an .AVI to .MOV took mere seconds, now it takes upwards of 12 minutes. Am i missing something? It shouldnt take that long.

Also, some .MOVs now require QT7.

Are these bugs? or did Apple change these features in the new QT?

2. Gentile macrumors regular

Gentile

I just noticed this myself. I liked the previous ability to "save as" which was quick and kept the same video quality. Does the new Quicktime X keep the same video quality as the old?

Is there anyway to run the Snow Leopard Quicktime X on Lion? I tried simply dragging it from Snow Leopard and it gave an error message.

3. mlpsponzischeme macrumors regular

I'm having problems with this as well. I loved Quicktime in Snow Leopard. Super easy and fast to save trimmed avi files. Now you have to convert them and it increases the size of the file substantially and also takes a lot longer. Please let me know if you find a fix to this. Why take great features out of the operating system? This makes no sense. I'm not seeing anything spectacular about Lion yet.

4. BrandoFiasco thread starter macrumors member

I'm also getting a "This movie requires QuickTime, which is not supported by this version of iTunes" when trying to play a video out of iTunes. But that same video plays fine when i open it directly from finder. I think i'm going back to SL for now.