Quicktime Streaming Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacBH928, Jun 9, 2009.

1. MacBH928 macrumors 68020

MacBH928

Hello everyone...

I want an explanation to my quicktime streaming problem
    every 6 months I wait for the Apple Conference and I do not watch it live, but wait till the next day. I click on the stream on Apple's website and it starts but it hangs up and , and would play for a second then stop then load again the next second. The screen does not change, its the first thing that comes up with black background and white writing .

my macbook is a month old. My dsl is 4/mbs , I tried to change the connection speed to 384/kbs , shut down instant play and put it on long delay, nothing works.

Every other stream works fine, the only thing I face a problem with is Apple Conferences .

How can I fix it?
    About two years ago the Apple conference wouldn't hang up and it would stream beautifully and my connection was 1/mbs on a 800 mhz iMac?!

2. spice weasel macrumors 65816

It might not be a client-side issue. Lots of people are hitting the stream the next day.

3. MacBH928 thread starter macrumors 68020

MacBH928

well maybe
    but I can't imagine a technology company like Apple with huge profits and huge focus on marketing would have problems on a website's bandiwidth

4. MacBH928 thread starter macrumors 68020

MacBH928

well maybe
    but I can't imagine a technology company like Apple with huge profits and huge focus on marketing would have problems on a website's bandiwidth