Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freeny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
Not sure if this is a "Digital Video" or a "Web Development" question but here goes...

I am looking to stream videos hosted on my .mac account and published via iWeb. Can you do this? and if so how? any on line tutorials? looking for an easily understandable step-by-step method.

Thanks in advance :)

Nicolasdec

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2006
São Paulo
Not sure if this is a "Digital Video" or a "Web Development" question but here goes...

I am looking to stream videos hosted on my .mac account and published via iWeb. Can you do this? and if so how? any on line tutorials? looking for an easily understandable step-by-step method.

Im not sure how much bandwidth you get on .mac ( I think its 3GB) but its defiantly not enough to stream media. you would reach your limit in a week.

MacSociology

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2006
Battleground Europe?!
Im not sure how much bandwidth you get on .mac ( I think its 3GB) but its defiantly not enough to stream media. you would reach your limit in a week.

The basic .Mac got 10GB storage and 100GB bandwidth.

Streaming video from iWeb, should be as simple as sharing the movie if you use iMovie 08, and then drag it into the iWeb-page.

If you would like to save the bandwidth, you could also put it on YouTube, and paste in the embed-code into a widget in iWeb 2.

DaveF

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2007
NoVA

Do you really want "streaming" video, for live playback of video events? Or just online video, like YouTube?

Real "streaming" requires specific support from the hosting service and is not that common. But simply providing QuickTime videos for online viewing is easy, works with any webhost, and can be done with iWeb.

In iWeb, create a movie page from the templates, drag or insert a QuickTime movie and publish. I've done this and can given more details if you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.