Quicktime super slow loading large files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kee123, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Kee123 macrumors member

It never used to do this, but recently Quicktime has been taking lengthy amounts of time to load my movie files.

When loading, Quicktime would hang and the spinning cursor would spin until eventually the movie would open.

It's been doing this since before the past two QT updates as I was hoping they would fix the problem, yet they never.

It seems to do it files over 200mb, and I've only tested AVI files but it could be any other files either.

Trying the videos in Front Row, I get the same lengthy wait with a black screen and Macbook fans blaring away.

I've recently upgraded to Leopard, hoping this would fix the problem and it hasn't.

Any ideas?

2. TheStu macrumors 65816

Are you running the latest version of Perian? Have you tried the videos in VLC to see if maybe they are just a little screwy (weird codec or some such)

3. Kee123 thread starter macrumors member

The videos open and run fine in VLC

Edit - Just installed Perian, I completely forgot to install it since I reformated my Mac a month back, it's working fine now! Thanks!

4. TheStu macrumors 65816

That's what I am here for... reminding people about Perian. Man, that thing rocks so hard!