Quicktime update ruined my computer

Discussion in 'macOS' started by polevault139, Dec 15, 2007.

1. polevault139 macrumors 6502

I updated quicktime through software update and when i restarted my macbook I was welcomed by the registration screen and now it wont let me back onto my computer. I booted from the disc and reinstalled leopard. Now my problem is that all of my music is on my iphone and I dont have a way to get it back. Is there any way I can do this without having to buy a program because I feel like i got screwed with the update apple sent out. Thanks for the help.

2. applefan69 macrumors 6502a

applefan69

I cant rememeber what the application is called, but search on the apple.com/downloads site under the itunes/ipod category. There is an application to let you move your music from your iPhone to your computer, it's free if i remember correctly

P.S that sucks, same thing happened to me before, ever since then im extremely careful with Quicktime upgrades. Something about quicktime, seems to have troubles installing and when it fails to install properly it causes BIG problems. Apple should really fix that.

3. Slarti42 macrumors newbie

I installed a QuickTime update yesterday and now there's a weird problem with Finder and Spotlight! (See thread "Big Problems with Searching, Spotlight, and more.")