Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miyazakifan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2007
I have an older iMac (flat panel) with a 700 mhz processor and 256 MB RAM and system 10.4.9. I just recently upgraded to the latest version of Quicktime (7.1.6 I think) and started having all sorts of video problems.

For some reason, when viewing .wmv files (and others - even some .mov and .mpg files) in Safari, the image will freeze up and the audio will continue. If I restart the video, it will re-play sometimes - other times, the audio will restart and the picture will not change. Many times the video will play about 1/3 the way through and the picture will freeze.

I have Flip4Mac installed to play .wmv files within Safari. I have updated to the most recent version of this, and I have scoured the internet looking for reasons why I might be having these problems.

I suspect it is either a memory problem (maybe these newer versions of Quicktime, Flip4Mac etc. are requiring more memory than I have?) or a bug between Flip4Mac and Quicktime?

Can anybody give me some insight? Or some suggestions as to what I can do to try to fix this problem? I can't afford to increase the memory right now, so anything else would be a great help . . .

Thanks! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.