Quicktime won't play video only sound HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Tycoonguy, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Tycoonguy macrumors regular

My problem is that when I play a quicktime movie online (example:ipod add on www.apple.com/itunes) once it buffers a second it starts to play but I only get audio. Once the entire video loads I then refresh the page. Only then can I see and hear the video. This happens on my new MacBook Pro and my aluminum iMac.

I have taken my macbook to the genius bar twice and they can't seen to fix it. I've also sent it in to apple care but they don't seem to see the problem.

2. alam macrumors regular

alam

im having the same problem here, movies in fullscreen with itunes is moving slowly, i cant play movies with quicktime only audio is working, i cant see even the photo's, i cant see any media file in my email using mail lol :confused:

idk what's going on but my mac pro started to act weird after i updated my mac snow leopard to 10.6.1 and so far this sucks apple :mad:

the only thing i can do now with my mac pro is listing to music and browsing with safari, i mean my iphone can do much better than this :confused:
    what an advanced operating system apple wow just wow

[​IMG]

take that windows 7 :D

3. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

4. alam macrumors regular

alam

i've followed this article:
    iTunes Help with Slow Media:
    http://thedesignspace.net/MT2archives/000291.html[/QUOTE]
    and it worked tnx, but what it says in this article is that i need to turn off my mic to watch movies..... wth i use my mic in wow game, and also many other games, ichat, u know, but what in the hell does the mic have to do with the movies :confused:
    i can't use my mic with mac to watch movies, what is so advanced about apple snow leopard if it can't use mic and watch movies at the same time :confused:

i bought this webcam last week & the problem started since that time:
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/TV520VC/A
    who should i blame here apple or the webcam company?

5. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Ummm ... I'd say a combination of both. By the way, that item is currently discontinued. It had been off the market since at least the 19th of October.

6. alam macrumors regular

alam

oh well tnx again Tycoonguy 4 helping i guess nothing is perfect, probably i bought the last item in the apple store because i bought it before 19 october in a couple of days or a week.

7. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Try letting the video download completely and then play it. It could be a bandwidth issue is creating a sync problem. Quicktime isn't the greatest playback app, that's for sure.