Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nitro1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
i have Snow leopard and i am trying to upgrade to Quicktime 7 Pro.
I was unable to find Quicktime upgrade or an area to input a code. So i went and deleted quicktime and tried to download the new 7 figuring there was an issue than all i would have to do is input the code.
Well now i can't install Quicktime 7 because of this code

Can not install quicktime 7 because you already have Quicktime X in use. You must upgrade the software. Which i was unable to find a way to upgrade it. I then realized it was on the snow leopard disc. So i have tried ot upgrade but it does not bring up Quicktime anywhere. I also can not find a version ofg quicktime to download.

HOW the HELL do i fix this.
I need quicktime. HOW DO I GET IT

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
i have Snow leopard and i am trying to upgrade to Quicktime 7 Pro.
I was unable to find Quicktime upgrade or an area to input a code. So i went and deleted quicktime and tried to download the new 7 figuring there was an issue than all i would have to do is input the code.
Well now i can't install Quicktime 7 because of this code

Can not install quicktime 7 because you already have Quicktime X in use. You must upgrade the software. Which i was unable to find a way to upgrade it. I then realized it was on the snow leopard disc. So i have tried ot upgrade but it does not bring up Quicktime anywhere. I also can not find a version ofg quicktime to download.

HOW the HELL do i fix this.
I need quicktime. HOW DO I GET IT

It's on the Apple website http://www.apple.com/quicktime/. Note that while Quicktime X appears to want to be in the applications folder, Quicktime 7 wants to be in the Utilities folder. Once you have it open, you can enter your Quicktime Pro code under "registration". Close Quicktime X when installing Quicktime 7. The "upgrade" thing does nothin for you. Buy Quicktime Pro here. Apple will send you the registration number by email.

Scorch07

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2007
You shouldn't need a Pro code to install QT7 in SL. If you upgrade a machine with Pro already installed it automatically puts it in the Utilities folder. If it doesn't have Pro already on it, you can still select it as an option to install from the OS install disk, whether or not you use to have a Pro license.

So for a simple answer... did you look in the Utilities folder?

Nitro1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
You shouldn't need a Pro code to install QT7 in SL. If you upgrade a machine with Pro already installed it automatically puts it in the Utilities folder. If it doesn't have Pro already on it, you can still select it as an option to install from the OS install disk, whether or not you use to have a Pro license.

So for a simple answer... did you look in the Utilities folder?

You know. I hate me sometimes. About 10 minutes after i posted this i found it in the utilities folder. WHY THE HELL DID THEY PUT IT IN THE UTILITIES FOLDER?????????

Thanks for all the help guys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.