Quicktime X - Fast Forward speed w/ Apple Remote?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mxt920, Sep 28, 2009.

1. mxt920 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

I googled this a little bit and couldn't find a good answer - is there a way to cycle through FF & REW speeds when watching a video in Quicktime X using the apple remote? If I hold down the FF button it will play at 2x, but I can't get any faster than that.

I'm using a mid-2007 iMac running 10.6.1. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. nicmoz81 macrumors newbie

Hi mate,

First post, but I also had this problem so thought I would sign up and try to help!

I have also been looking for an answer to this, I don't think there is a way to change the fast forward speed when using the remote in Quicktime X unfortunately.
    This seems a pretty simple feature that is left out by Apple in one of their flagship products, because fast forward at 2x is not really 'fast' forward at all is it!

The way I tend to get around this when watching video files is to drop them in my Movies folder, then using the menu button on the remote to access them via Front Row. Once the selected file is playing, you can hold the fast forward or rewind buttons down on your remote to cycle through the speeds, I think theres 3.

This only really helps if you want to watch the file in fullscreen, which is how I watch most files anyway.

Hope this helps.

Nick