Quicktime X - Flip4mac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mark88, Sep 4, 2009.

1. mark88 macrumors 6502a

I'm not at all impressed with QTX, when I drag the playhead and release, the video pauses, anyway to stop this and have it play like it used to?

Also, even with the new flip4mac beta WMV playback is poor. I get a black bar that SLOWLY loads and the whole movie is not viewable until it does. What's up with this too?

2. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Hm, it doesn't do that for me.

Go to the "Player" tab in the Flip4Mac pref pane.

Click "Advanced...", click the "+" and select the Quicktime Player application and hit OK.

3. pibiling macrumors newbie

Lois

I don't get "advanced" anywhere on the preference pane. I have no controls on the video window or a menu that allows me to export to wmv.

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

You need to install the QuickTime 7 Player (it's an optional install from the Snow Leopard disc) to be able to use all the features of Flip4Mac WMV for right now.

5. err404 macrumors 68020

Apple was in a bind with the legacy QT. It is based on an outdated design and was in desperate need of an re-make. Continuing with the old version was hurting performance and hindering the move forward to 64bit.
    The solution they choose is similar to what was done with iMove a couple of years ago. QTX is an entirely new application with a modern design (I'm talking about the underling code, not the UI). Unfortunately the new version does not yet have every feature that was present in the old version and it breaks most plugins.
    It will take some time for QTX to get to the point where QT7 is, for the time being, it's fairly easy to run both.