Quicktime X Question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ironduke, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Ironduke Suspended

Ironduke

been using quicky 10 in the wwdc dev build and while being pretty slick it appears to have several old features ripped out especially from the editing point of few.

anyone else notice this

2. Quillz macrumors 65816

Quillz

It's also missing the Preferences. My guess is it's simply unfinished. I'm sure it will be much improved in the RTM.

3. Ironduke thread starter Suspended

Ironduke

either that or apple are going to strip the pro features.

4. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

I heard that somewhere too. Would be a real shame.

5. ihabime macrumors 6502

They'll have to replace the pro functionality somehow, a lot of the editing features are really needed for iMovie and iDVD.

I really hope they change the OSD controls though, the shuttle timeline in playback is way to short and the blob/handle is to big for fine movement. Try going back 30 seconds and you end up jumping all over.

The editing timeline looks nice, but I'd like to see exact time code displays.

6. Ironduke thread starter Suspended

Ironduke

not really imovie becomes the budget editor, finalcut the pro editor, and quicktime becomes the Player with quick share features

7. ihabime macrumors 6502

It's been quite a while since I used iMovie, so i could be remembering incorrectly or out of date.

My impression was that iMovie was more about combining pre-recorded clips and sound snippets with transitions and effects, but you couldn't say trim out a section of a clip, cut a larger movie into smaller clips or rip and transcode the audio from one clip to another.

I suppose they could add those features to iMovie if they're not there already. It's kind of a shame though, the quicktime pro player was the last hold out from being iLifed. The interface is simple and straightforward, cutting and pasting quick clips, grabbing sound bites or splicing things together is quick and easy without being to dumbed down.

8. osin macrumors 6502

I'm also behind the statement that it was unfinished version. If it would be ready they would made it available for download like Safari 4...

9. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

Apple said it was a 'near-final' copy of Snow Leopard. From what I hear Dock Expose is not in this release either. It's silly that they would demo something and be so excited about it and then just cut it.

Those features will be there, no worries.

10. Ironduke thread starter Suspended

Ironduke

in iLife09 you can and more