Quicktime X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macman4789, Aug 31, 2009.

1. macman4789 macrumors regular

Hi,

With the new features of Quicktime X in snow leopard, I'm wondering is Quicktime pro now obselete or does it still have features that quicktime x does not?

Can anybody tell me what features pro has over quicktime x? I'm considering getting pro and want to know if it's worth it.

Thanks

2. BENI macrumors regular

BENI

I think QTX will not be as fully featured as QT pro. I don't know what will be different about QTX but I am guessing it will just be faster or have a slightly different UI. I expect there will be a QTX pro to get if you want. as I said I don't know, but that is my guess.

please let me know too if any of you know better.

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

QuickTime X is lacking a lot of features that QuickTime 7 Pro had. That is why if you had QuickTime 7 Pro and you install Snow Leopard, it keeps QuickTime 7 Pro on your machine in the Utilities folder.

I hope that more pro features are added in Snow Leopard updates, but I might be a bit optimistic.

It goes to say that if you never had QuickTime 7 Pro, you will actually be gaining more features with QuickTime X.

4. paolo29 macrumors newbie

quick time 10

spewin i deleted my quicktime 7 pro because i thought it was causing quicktime 10 on snow leopard not opening my .wmv files on double left click, it comes up with an error box saying quick time is not installed but when i drag file to quicktime10 icon or right click on file to open with quicktime10 then it opens.

deleting Quicktime 7 didnt work then i tried to relaod it & it wont let me :mad:

5. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

If you want to play WMV files with QuickTime X, you must have Flip4Mac 2.3.0.7 beta and Perian installed.

6. paolo29 macrumors newbie

7. reubs macrumors 68000

Thanks for these links. I'm trying to reinstall things from scratch, and this helps a lot!

8. paolo29 macrumors newbie

Can i get my quick time 7 pro back

Can i get my quick time pro back, been trying to reinstall after it mistakenly un-installed it it but old snow leopard wont let me put her back on

9. AtHomeBoy_2000 macrumors 6502a

AtHomeBoy_2000

can you elaborate? As long as I can capture video/audio from say.. a webcam and export it as a MOV file with Quicktime X, I am a happy camper.

10. paolo29 macrumors newbie

i deleted the Quick time 7 pro by mistake but when i try reinstalling it it Snow leopard wont let it load back on, i liked the audio adjustments & video converting abilities of quick time pro

11. darkpaw macrumors 6502

darkpaw

Just thought I'd mention that QuickTime Player 7 (the old version you can opt to keep under Snow Leopard if you have a pro key) is NOT the same as the old QuickTime 7 Pro, at least in respect to exporting.

Under Leopard I was able to open a number of files at the same time, and choose Export in each one to export the files to Apple TV. This was quicker than using something like Handbrake. However, this bastardised version now only allows me to export ONE file at a time.

If I open, say, 5 files at once and choose to export in the first one, I cannot interact with the menus or the other player windows. If I attempt to, it stops the first one from being exported, and asks me how and where to export the second one.

This is a massive productivity killer for me. I have a dual quad-core machine here, and only one core is being used.

I'm bugging this with Apple. This really screws up my productivity.

12. ying21 macrumors newbie

qt x wont open

hi, i've just recently bought a mac . but quicktime x won't open at all .. it was installed already when i bought it but i doesn't load or anything .. wat am i supposed to do/? i tried installing quicktime 7 but it wont allow me to do so .. :mad: