QuickTime

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by drenriza, Jan 24, 2011.

1. drenriza macrumors newbie

Im not sure if this is the right place. But here goes.

In quick time, isn't it possible to open multiple .flv files in one window. I use these files to listen to music. And its annoying to open a new quick time player each time i need to listen to a new number.

Thanks on advance.
    Kind regards.

2. simsaladimbamba, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011

simsaladimbamba

Use VLC PLayer to make a playlist of .flv files, or use an online converter to create .mp3 files (http://www.video2mp3.net/).

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

you could also use Movist, its similar to VLC and has playlist support.

but my advice is to get music in mp3 format or buy from iTunes/Amazon and not get music from YouTube (if im right in thinking that). the audio quality will be much better as its not from a flash video. then you can use iTunes to sort your songs.

4. simsaladimbamba

Thanks for pointing out Movist's playlist capabilities, didn't see that before.

I have downloaded some songs from YouTube via the above link and I had many songs with a bit rate of 192 Kbit/s, which is quite okay, especially when using the more Advanced Audio Codec (AAC).

Btw, YouTube just uses Flash to encapsulate the H264 encoded video and AAC encoded audio, that's why one can use ClickToFlash or HTML5 Beta to watch the videos in its original glory without Flash.

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

yeah, some audio on YouTube is fine and some is just utter rubbish.

better to download from a music service rather than just some random uploader. plus it will just be a music file and so smaller in size than a YouTube video (if you didnt strip out the music).