Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

speg

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
Ottawa
I am really liking QuickView-ing.. couldn't preview .css but oh well. But my question is, does anyone know if there is a keyboard shortcut to go into fullscreen mode?

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
no, i would like this too but you have to click the fullscreen button on the quick LOOK ;) window. you could always make the quick look window a bit bigger as it retains its size.

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
Isn't the Option key the Apple key? If so, that keyboard shortcut normally just brings Spotlight up.

AdeFowler

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2004
England
Okay guys, half an apology coming up. Seems it only works in smart folders (which is odd).

Select All Images smart folder - when you hold down the option key, the QuickLook button in the toolbar actually changes into a play button - now press the spacebar.

Please someone tell me it works for them ;)

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
Just tap the friggin spacebar.

You can also go right or left using the arrow keys.:rolleyes:

old thread - i just found this useful full screenshortcut but the moving left/right doesn't work to view the next file.

EDIT: you have to select them all (cmd + A) first and then you get a cool thumbnail view. Shame there is the extra step but still a cool feature.

HOpe this tip helps more. Case closed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.