Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pavelegorkin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2009
Vladivostok
I'm of the mind that the lockscreen is for viewing data of relative importance quickly without having to launch an application. I see a line of demarcation between lockscreen and the apps on the springboard, in that I'm not sure I want someone to just pick up my phone and call someone, or read an email, or see my shopping list. Those things should be behind the "lockable wall" so to speak.

Yep, but if you want, you can disable widgets on lockscreen and run its only via hot key. Also you can set password on widgets panel running.

This help to save security

tboooe

macrumors regular
May 22, 2009
Bug with CallTo widget?

Hi there. I just uipgraded to the latest version of QuickWidgets.

When I doubletap the CallTo widget, I initially get a list of my phone favorites. However, if I try and do a search for other contacts, the list immediately becomes empty. There is no way for me to even get the favorites displayed again. I have to do a reset in order to get the favorites to display but if I do another search the same thing happens.

Any ideas?

BTW, I really like the last update. Being able to not display the large clock on the first screen frees up a lot of space. Thank you for a great app!

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
Privet

Great app! Have been using for about ten days.. My only problem is a bug due to ipod's cover whenever I play a song double tapping home on the lock screen. If the song has a cover it will show on top of the widgets until I unlock the screen.

stoneo

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2008
E-mail help

I have been using QuickWidgets for a week now and everything is working great.
My only problem is there is nothing on the event screen other than calendar items.
It does not show any e-mails missed calls or any other information.
You have had numerous updates but this has not been corrected.
If I am doing something wrong can you please tell me what it is.
stoneo

tboooe

macrumors regular
May 22, 2009
I have been using QuickWidgets for a week now and everything is working great.
My only problem is there is nothing on the event screen other than calendar items.
It does not show any e-mails missed calls or any other information.
You have had numerous updates but this has not been corrected.
If I am doing something wrong can you please tell me what it is.
stoneo

Did you enable the email option? If you press and hold the Events widget, you will see a little red dot on the upper right corner. Select that and you will see an option to include emails.

stoneo

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2008
Help with e-mail

Yes if I go to the red button on the top right corner it asks me to check for mail on and off and a OK button.
Basically it says check for mail which I have on?

tboooe

macrumors regular
May 22, 2009
Yes if I go to the red button on the top right corner it asks me to check for mail on and off and a OK button.
Basically it says check for mail which I have on?

Do you have QuickCalendar enabled in the QuickBoard options??

stoneo

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2008
E-mail help

Yes I do.
For the love of me I cannot figure how to enable it.
It worked for me with the original release of the software.
Then they had a update and it stopped working.
stoneo

alanzed

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2009
Originally Posted by stoneo View Post
QuickWidgets help Events — email, events
I love QuickWidgets I only have one question on setup.
I need some help I am not able to get my e-mails or miss calls or any of those kind of notifications.
The only thing showing up on the calendar widget is the information in my calendar.
I was wondering is there a certain way to show all of your information or am I doing something wrong.
stoneo

Yep, its work sometimes this way yet :( will be fixed.
Are you have lates version?

I have the same problem. can't get the notification widget to show my incoming emails in it. any idea? I've the latest version (updated today).
still buggy?
anyway great work guys!

tboooe

macrumors regular
May 22, 2009
Compatibility with music controls?

Just curious if you had any intention of having QuickWidgets work with the iphone music controls from the lockscreen? I currently use Music Controls which allows me to double tap the home button from the lockscreen and pause or skip the music (actually that app allows me to control music apps other than ipod).

svndmvn

Nov 6, 2007
Italy
an update solved my ipod art problem, but now if I keep the clock on every page I can't control the ipod on the lock screen.
Also, it looks kind of harder to change the volume in the lockscreen, it seems to not recognize the touch of my finger that easily on the bar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.