quiery regarding UK shipping times and rebate!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by smeghead54, Jul 20, 2009.

1. smeghead54 macrumors newbie

Hey guys have been reading this forum for a long while and wanted a mac for ages and am now going to Uni in september and obviously needed a computer so i bit the bullet and ordered myself a lovely new macbookpro 13" about a week ago and with the rebate and student deals i ordered applecare and ipod touch and a printer and was surprised to see it wouldnt be delivered until the 10th of august. this just seems like a long time since i ordered it on the 16th of july. im not really in any rush but since i have ordered it, it would be nice to have it soon.

just wondered if this is the normal shipping/delivery times within the UK if not how comes its taking so long.

also regarding the rebates how long to i have to claim them from the time of ordering??

thanks guys

2. Jabbamk1 macrumors member

Jabbamk1

Due to the amount of orders from students like yourselves apple are running on low supplies of components for the 13" macbooks. Because of this there are lots of delays shipping the macbooks. You usually have to claim the rebate within 30 days of the shipping date which is the 10th of august for you.

3. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Just looked on the Apple/uk site, shipping seems to be 24hrs for most MacBook Pros. Did you customise it?

4. DTR macrumors newbie

DTR

My gf had this with hers aswell so I phoned up to query it. The problem was that the printers are out of stock or something and that is what is taking a long time to become available.

What happened was he said he can split the order and ship items as they come available so she should be getting her mbp + ipod tomorrow and the printer is scheduled to ship July 30.

Just phone up and ask and they will tell you.