Quiet Guitar Playing Solution?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by HappyDude20, Apr 20, 2017.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Hi all,

Currently living in the middle floor of an apartment complex that doesn't fare too well with strumming an acoustic guitar at odd hours of the night and was hoping for a solution to practice the guitar. Perhaps via an iOS solution in which I can connect headphones to an iOS based guitar peripheral. Surely one must exist that honors a recommendation from the forum. Any guidance is truly appreciated.

2. daflake macrumors 6502a

Don't know of anything on a iPhone, but you could mute your strings at these odd hours using a towel or covering the sound hole so that you can still practice. It doesn't sound great, but it is a solution I have used in a hotel from time to time.

3. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

4. daflake macrumors 6502a

5. 8692574 Suspended

6. daflake macrumors 6502a

He has an acoustic

7. 8692574, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2017

8692574 Suspended

I red that, but it is cheaper than buying the Yamaha they suggested him, and still a good way to practice...buy an iRig and a Cheap elecric guitar......

BTW they have an acoustic version as well... http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigacoustic/ of course that does not remove the sound, for that, you need to stuff the hole...or use something like https://www.amazon.com/Planet-Waves-Screeching-Acoustic-Soundhole/dp/B0010SHU18 result might vary though....

8. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

That's a great solution for an electric guitar. Be aware you need to get the iRig HD 2 if you want to use it with an iPhone 7.

9. daflake macrumors 6502a

It is a good idea, but it won't play the same as the acoustic. I have also struggled with finding a good solution for the acoustic side and found it was easiest to use a dishrag and mute it. That being said, some people like to hear the tone and the other solution above is a nice idea and probably has the same action or similar as an acoustic. Short of going with electric, it is hard to find something quiet.