Quiet keyboard clicks after 3.1 update

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stevehp, Sep 9, 2009.

1. stevehp macrumors 6502

Anyone else have this problem?

I've tried restarting, turning on and off keyboard clicking, silencing/un-silencing the ringer, turning up and down the volume...

Nothing works...All other sounds are perfectly normal except when I type I hear only a faint click.

2. lukeholl macrumors member

lukeholl

Same here, I'm not sure whether they've done this on purpose or what, but I preferred them louder as they used to be :(

Edit: I've noticed sometimes, but not always, the unlock sound does the same too, very irritating.

3. jollino macrumors 6502

jollino

Same here, 16 GB 3G. Quite annoying, it's completely off level compared to the other sounds.

4. celticpride678

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I think it was done on purpose because apparently if you do a lot of texting or using the keyboard a lot, the keyboard clicks drain your battery even faster cause it has to produce the audio

6. bjelder macrumors member

I like how much quieter it is.... however I do think Apple should have given us an option.

7. periahdark macrumors member

periahdark

Same here. That is the first thing I notice about 3.1. A first I thought it was a problem with my speaker.

8. celticpride678