iPad Pro Quiet Sound Effects

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ozy, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Ozy macrumors regular

Ozy

My volume is at 100%. My Ringer and Alerts slider is at 100%. When i test the volume slider in Settings -> Sounds, it plays loudly. If I pick any sound category and test the sound it's super quiet. All system sounds on my iPad Pro are very quiet and I cannot get them play as loudly as the slider volume test. App sounds, music, movies, etc are all fine. It's just the sounds like "Text Tone", "Sent Mail", "Send Mail", etc...

I've tried rebooting, etc... anyone else have this problem? No other issues on the Pro. I'm loving it.

2. Daku93 macrumors regular

I's a known Software Bug. Will be fixed in 9.2

3. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

4. WilliamG macrumors 604

Says who? I'm running the latest beta and it's not "fixed." As far as I can tell, it's intentional. I don't want those noises driving me and everyone around me crazy.

5. Daku93 macrumors regular

Well, I'm running the lastest beta, too, and here it is indeed fixed.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Yep even at full volume my iPad Pro notification sounds are very low.

7. WilliamG macrumors 604

I may have misspoken as I hadn't tried since installing beta 4. I'll try when I get a moment with my iPad again. Cheers for the update on that.

8. Daku93 macrumors regular

9. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Has anyone noticed in certain apps the sound comes out of the bottom instead of the top speakers? I wonder if this is another bug they will be addressing? I play a driving game and both sound effects and the music come out of the bottom speakers where I'm holding device, would sound so much better out the top, like when in the rest of the OS.

10. Penguin6 macrumors newbie

I'm running Beta 4 and they're still pretty quiet.

11. WilliamG macrumors 604

I don't know if this has changed in beta 4, but in the sounds menu, if you change the "alerts" volume at the top of the screen and make it louder, it does make the keyboard clicks louder, but it also makes all the ring-tones etc louder, too, - obnoxiously so.

Is this new in beta 4? I have no idea because I have keyboard clicks turned off (prefer it that way).

12. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74