Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Well, this SUCKS. I just found out today that our beloved QuikIO that a few of us loved is going to be no more after the 31st.

Anyone have an alternative besides Plex? I really liked that I didn't have to be on the same internet connection to use it. Plus, it was nice having to load all my junk on Dropbox, etc.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Plex is what I've been using for Movies and the only free alternatives I've come up with are Air PlayIt , which hasn't been updated since March 2012, and Tonido.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Well, this SUCKS. I just found out today that our beloved QuikIO that a few of us loved is going to be no more after the 31st.

Anyone have an alternative besides Plex? I really liked that I didn't have to be on the same internet connection to use it. Plus, it was nice having to load all my junk on Dropbox, etc.

Trust me I know. I am going to try Plex next. Seems to be the only one that hasn't shut down and has been going for quite some time.

I am not mistaken you showed me QuikIO. Great program and I have been using it ever since. I haven't tried the work around for it yet though. The LAN setting of the app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.