Quirky battery life

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SurferMan, Jun 22, 2010.

1. SurferMan macrumors 65816

Been testing on my 13 mpb as I saw some people say if you use the trackpad it drains the battery quicker. Sure enough I'm online and use the key's instead battery life shoots up, I didn't think the trackpad used that much juice, I'm talking the battery changing about an hour difference vs using the trackpad only to using keys and barely touching the pad except for a few things. I also plugged in a wireless Logitech mouse I have and its increased the battery life as well. I like the long use even with the trackpad but its cool that those two little changes, or primarily using the keys, make that difference if your not going to be around a charger for awhile and want to extract as much as possible.

2. SurferMan thread starter macrumors 65816

Battery life shorter after calibrating?!?

Finally calibrated the battery and now life is shorter than before, I could go 5-6 hours before on light browsing and few other things (no idea how others get 7-8 hours with heavy browsing and music playing same time etc.). I have bluetooth etc off, auto screen adjust set etc etc.

3. Mirabella macrumors regular

That's weird. The battery life on mine didn't decrease, when I calibrated it. Are you sure you were comparing while using the computer the same way?

4. SurferMan thread starter macrumors 65816

yeh only have safari open

5. SurferMan thread starter macrumors 65816