Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Seamaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2003
Silicon is notorious for attracting dust and dirt like that, as anyone who has ever worn a diver's watch with a silicon strap will attest. A terrible choice of material for a protective case for anything. Still, hats off to them for coming up with a case even worse than Apple's for this. That's quite an achievement.

I'll stick with my Yoobao V3, thanks.

jmscholen

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2009
For those of you with the lint problem, try an anti-static cloth to wipe the surface. I heard that works from another review I read.

I have seen the unit and silicon is a good quality. It has a clean finish and the molded silicon looks of high quality in my opinion compared to other Apple related silicon products.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
For those of you with the lint problem, try an anti-static cloth to wipe the surface. I heard that works from another review I read.

I have seen the unit and silicon is a good quality. It has a clean finish and the molded silicon looks of high quality in my opinion compared to other Apple related silicon products.

IMO it doesn't matter if the used the best silicone in the world, they shouldn't have used it at all. This was supposed to be slim folio type case with multiple stand positions. However, it ended up being a silly silicone skin with a thick, heavy, and ugly cover connected by a big plastic hinge.

nutsnbolts

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
It's about a week so far using this and it will give you muscles carrying this around due to the weight. Hahahaha! No seriously though, it isn't all that bad. I know that this is a big turn-off for most people who prefer to keep the pristine lightweight look of the iPad so it's obvious that this is not a case for you.

In addition, I know that the silicone base material they used that is a DUST magnet is another turn-off but honestly, it isn't all that bad as well. I have used it this past week and I barely really noticed it "dirty". It does attract dust/dirt but I guess that's the nature of the material they decided to use.

The pro's with this material on the other hand is the ability to give you a good grip on your iPad. Holding this gives you great confidence that it's not going to slip out of your hand.

Other than that, it's my primary case over the Speck Candy Shell at the moment. I do have the Dodocase and Otterbox Defender case coming. I think for the time being, I'm covered in every environment possible. Hahaha...

Anyway, I just wanted to point out some of the better points about the case. I think like a a bad movie with high expectations going into it, this was the case with the case (no pun intended :)) After playing with it for the past week, I actually like it...not the weight of course.

The dust magnet material I guess doesn't bother me as much as fingerprints on the screen, functionally, I hardly noticed it.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Even you don't sound convinced when you use the phrase "isn't all that bad" to describe a $55 case. High expectations or not, this case is a fail when you factor price, product, and competition.

It's about a week so far using this and it will give you muscles carrying this around due to the weight. Hahahaha! No seriously though, it isn't all that bad. I know that this is a big turn-off for most people who prefer to keep the pristine lightweight look of the iPad so it's obvious that this is not a case for you.

In addition, I know that the silicone base material they used that is a DUST magnet is another turn-off but honestly, it isn't all that bad as well. I have used it this past week and I barely really noticed it "dirty". It does attract dust/dirt but I guess that's the nature of the material they decided to use.

The pro's with this material on the other hand is the ability to give you a good grip on your iPad. Holding this gives you great confidence that it's not going to slip out of your hand.

Other than that, it's my primary case over the Speck Candy Shell at the moment. I do have the Dodocase and Otterbox Defender case coming. I think for the time being, I'm covered in every environment possible. Hahaha...

Anyway, I just wanted to point out some of the better points about the case. I think like a a bad movie with high expectations going into it, this was the case with the case (no pun intended :)) After playing with it for the past week, I actually like it...not the weight of course.

The dust magnet material I guess doesn't bother me as much as fingerprints on the screen, functionally, I hardly noticed it.

nycjdf

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2010
New York
lint easily solved..

easy - a pledge dusting wipe works like magic - no residue and lasts..

the case works really well. very happy with mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.