quirky cloak?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by TheLee, May 13, 2010.

1. TheLee macrumors member

http://www.quirky.com/products/30-Cloak-iPad-Case

is this thing vaporware? anyone know anything about it (via emails with people in charge, via members-only forums, or something)? this potentially is a really promising case, given both the renderings and the prototype video (especially considering the prototype was printed out on a 3D printer - the final version would be much better made). BUT, the ship date keeps being pushed back (and promised follow up video hasn't arrived at all), comments appear to be moderated now, and it's a blackhole of PR. i'd place a preorder, but i'm afraid the current ship date of 5/31 will just pass on by...

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'd wait until they're shipping. It could turn into that issue those MacBook air inter office mail cases had. Huge delays and nothing but empty promises for a very long time.

3. w4rmk macrumors regular

w4rmk

I put my order in for one last week, I figure $42 is not a lot of money to commit to if it turns out to be a good case and since they won't charge your credit card unless/until it ships the risk is fairly low. I've waisted more money on a new restaurant that turned out to be crappy food and didn't loose any sleep over the lost funds.

4. TheLee thread starter macrumors member

well i hope if/when you get yours that you promptly put up pics and a review so that i can decide to get one :)

5. nutsnbolts macrumors 6502

This is the case I'm waiting for before I purchase another case. I am receiving the Speck Candyshell or whatever it is called tomorrow and that will hold me off till this gets released.

Another promising case is the Otterbox Commuter. But I'd like to have something that is like portfolio case that I can cover the front of the iPad so I can do away with even thinking about purchasing a sleeve.

This way I can throw it in my man purse and not worry about all the other crap in my man purse scratching the front of the case.

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Nicely designed (rendered). Not sure I'm sold on the stand part. A thin plastic easel is the last thing I want rattling around on the back of my iPad. I guess if they do it right it could be ok. That said, the project page indeed has all the hallmarks of vapor ware.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I've had mine on order for a long time now. The prototype video was disappointing, but i'm willing to take the fact that it was a proto into consideration.

There will be two colors only initially, its looking like Black & either blue/green.

I dont believe its vaporware. I'd just recommend anyone to be cautious until some of us here have received ours and see what the review/opinion is.

The concept renders look amazing, the proto was shocking. So there is a gaping chasm there - if it falls somewhere in-between it still may be worth the look, if its closer to the proto, we all will be disappointed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPzB4etR4a8&feature=player_embedded

8. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I gotta say it looks pretty good though I'm not too sure about the quirky name on the front of it.

9. MajorTCS macrumors regular