Other Quirky things you look for in a new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rockitdog, Sep 28, 2018.

1. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Everyone has their own quirks when it comes to their phones and things that you look for when you get a new one but one of mine is that I like clicky buttons. I don't like mushy volume buttons at all (an issue I had back on the 5/5s models). I like to hear them click when I press them and if one of them doesn't click it bugs me to no end. Anyone else have any odd things they look for in a new device?

2. Eggtastic macrumors 6502a

Eggtastic

When I got the X last year and I compared the screen to the 6+, I was sort of annoyed about the softer tone OLED vs. the cooler tone of the 6+ LCD (true tone turned off also). Someone also mentioned the edge or edges being a slight pink at one point. I will still blown away by OLED and the new rounded edges (I got over the notch real quick).

I sold my 6+ and I don't notice those things anymore and enjoy my phone even after a year. I won't be upgrading this year as this phone has been very solid for me.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Just read the posts here. They will give you LOTS of ideas on what to check.

4. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

I am not sure if this is a quirky or odd thing, but I like to hold the iPhone in my hand and move my arm and hand around to see if I think the phone will be slippery and pop out of my hand. Also, I check to see how easy it is you take one-handed photos.

This started after getting a 6s Plus, and the large size and rounded edges would cause the phone to randomly "pop" out of my hands, especially if my hands were a really wet, or even very dry, like in winter time.

It was also really hard for me to take one-handed photos with the large phone, so I check for that too.

5. Pipper99, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018

Pipper99 macrumors 68020

Pipper99

I see dead pixels. :)

I check for dead pixels and screen uniformity. I also shake the device and check for rattles (supposedly, the camera bits would cause this in the past: I haven't had this in the last few years). On LCD screens, I'd check for excessive backlight bleed.

I check for scratches and scuffs on all of the surfaces, too.

6. mfrank29 macrumors newbie

Always check for dead pixels, any issues with buttons, that the screen is not loose (yep have had one like that), any finish issues or screen scratches.