quit and close windows

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by excalibur313, Mar 13, 2012.

1. excalibur313 macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

Hi everyone,
    I converted like 30 images in preview that I imported into keynote and now when I go to quit preview it asks me for every file if I want to save it or not. I read about option command q, but it still saves the windows when I go to re open. This also occurs when I uncheck the "restore windows" button in system preferences. What is going on here and how can I kill all these windows without clicking no to save them?

2. simsaladimbamba

Tried CMD+OPTION+W yet, though it still might ask, if you want to save something?

3. excalibur313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

Oh man it went through every single one and asked me where I wanted to save it. The only want to get out of it was force quitting but when I load it back again, all the files are still up there. So close!

4. simsaladimbamba

You could just hold down CMD+D for "Don't save", or does that not work in Lion anymore?

5. excalibur313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

It doesn't appear to work. On the up side, I found out that option+D gives a ∂ symbol. :)

6. simsaladimbamba

Sorry, am a bit confused, but have you this enabled? If so, COMMAND+D should work.
    [​IMG]

7. excalibur313, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012

excalibur313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

Hi there,
    Thanks for the response. I didn't have that selected but even when I do it doesn't appear to work. Just to be clear:

If I just press "cmd+d" when all the windows are open, nothing happens.
    If I press cmd+option+w it brings up the dialog box for every window and when I press cmd+d then nothing happens

It appears that cmd+delete will not save at the small dialog box but if you have an extended one like you do in preview sometimes where it has options for titling it then it doesn't work. I just ended up manually going through and closing each one but this is really a silly oversight.