Quit Apple Music and keep iTunes Match, problem?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by raeserbil, Aug 27, 2016.

1. raeserbil macrumors newbie

I'm paying for both Apple Music and iTunes Match and have my whole library (50 000+ songs) matched so I have deleted the songs locally and only stream them to my devices (Apple Tv, iPad, iPhone, MacBook). The thing is, I don't really take advantage of Apple Music since I'm also paying for Spotify and use that as my primary streaming source, I only want to be able to match my mp3's and have them in the cloud.

Can I just quit Apple Music and everything will still function as normal regarding matching my local mp3's?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

First you should have a backup of all your original music files (and your entire system). Second there shouldn't be any problems but even if there is you simply restore using your backups.

3. raeserbil thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! I have a backup of my original music files (but not the iTunes library itself) so in worst case I can rebuild and rematch my mp3's again. I just wanted to hear if there's some obvious problem messing up the library if I quit Apple Music but still continue with iTunes Match. I'll give it a try then, thanks!