Quit Asking

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fenderbass146, Aug 3, 2009.

1. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

is there a way to make the iphone quit asking if i want to use location services

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Took me awhile to figure if you weren't telling people to quit asking. :)

No, there's not. If you turn on location services, then you won't get that message, but I assume you want it off.

3. apple3g040193 macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

mine did that for a while but after like 6 months it stoped maybe it learns your preferences? either that or it boke o well :D

4. fenderbass146 thread starter macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

yea i just restores

yes i just restored and i never had the problem before so maybe your right.

5. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

i thought each app asked twice. after that it assumes your approval.

6. GeneralP macrumors member

WOW.. that was awsome... I was betting this was going to be someone torqued off about people asking when AT&T was going to support MMS on the iPhone!

7. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I had the same thing in my mind when I read his thread title :p

8. bbwinkle macrumors member

Is that how it works? I could of sworn I've approved it every single time when I open apps....maybe my iPhone is "special".

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

No, that's not true. If you have location services turned off, and then you open an app that requires location services, it asks if you want to turn it on and then brings you into settings. Essentially, you turn it on for everything after that. If you want it off, you have ot go back to settings.

10. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Same here lol

11. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Sorry aggie, that's incorrect. Every app asks twice if it can use your current location if LS is turned on. If you say yes twice or you say no twice. The OP didn't specify if he had LS on or off. It almost sounds like he has it off, but being as how I've always had mine on, I'm not sure if it continues to ask if you want yo turn LS on every time you open an app.

12. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

On the contrary, I want my 3GS to ask me if I want photo location services turned back on.

I must have denied it when I first got the phone (out of excitement :)), and now I'm stuck with no geotagging...

13. sseelman macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

You can reset the warnings under 'settings - General - reset - reset location warnings'. Maybe this will help.

14. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Thanks x 100,000! :)

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I just did this again, to make sure I wasn't losing my mind. With LS off and if you go into Google Maps, it does what I said above.

16. hamsup1o macrumors member

Not sure if you are jailbroken but if you are, there's an app on Cydia that lets you customize which alert boxes you want to block. It's called Popup Blocker.