quit bootcamp during partition?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by backinblack875, Feb 5, 2011.

1. backinblack875, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011

backinblack875 macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

so i started partitioning some space for windows today, and decided i wanted more space so i canceled it. Than i tried it again and came up with error of not being able to move files and to reformat it as mac os extended journaled. so i went to disk utility but i t was already that format. then i noticed in the side by all the drives there is one called "bootcamp" even tho i didnt make it. Than i went into bootcamp and its like its installed and the selections are to create or uninstall windows and start windows installer windows.

when i click uninstall it only sees my mac partition....so in order to fix this problem do i just erase it from disk utility? if so how?

thanks, just ask if you have any Q's

its also appeared on my desktop

Attached Files:

2. simsaladimbamba

Boot Camp Assistant is the way to go and these are the windows you will see during the use of Boot Camp Assistant removing the Windows partition.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. backinblack875 thread starter macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

ah ok thanks i wastn sure if there was supposed to be a windows partition to click on and THEN hit restore....thanks