Quit clicking the home button!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SnowDX, Oct 28, 2010.

1. SnowDX macrumors 6502

:eek:

I've had my phone for about a week now. I don't make a lot of calls and I haven't used the camera much yet (mainly been texting, checking email, and starting my vehicle). So, I've got this nasty habit of clicking Home to end the call (which it obviously does not!) and clicking Home to take a pic (which it obviously does not!). I don't have this issue on my iPad because it has no phone or camera! :p

How can you tell this is my first iPhone? LOL

2. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

I just got mine this week too, and have been clicking the home button to end calls as well! I also seem to think if I'm in an app it will take me back to the menu for that app. I have no idea why I keep doing that, as I've been using an iPod Touch with no issues for years!

3. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

Hmm... I'm new to iPhone too... Well, not anymore I guess because I've had my iPhone 4 since July, but anyway, I was new and never tried to hit the home button to end the call - guys, there's a big red spot right above the home button that says "end call". How can you miss it? ;)
    But I did try to take a picture with the home button - guilty. After a few hilarious shots of my cats that I missed, I was completely cured of that!:D

4. SnowDX thread starter macrumors 6502

At least I'm not the only loser. LOL Hopefully I learn quickly. :D

5. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

This is my second iPhone, and although I don't click the home button to end phone calls, I have occasionally hit it to take photos. So good luck on overcoming this tendency. :D

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The silly thread in the iPhone forum was a dead giveaway. ;)

7. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Haha I had the same problem during te first week with my ip4

8. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Haha I had the same problem during te first week with my ip4

9. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Wow...you guys must be old. You can't use the worlds easiest to use smart phone. LOL

I kid...I kid...

10. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

this isn't twitter

11. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

I hold the phone near the top so I always hit the sleep button to end the call and then put it back in my pocket in one swift motion. 3rd iPhone, it's become a habit ;)