Quit smoking: does those sticky pad really work?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by aaronchow, Sep 29, 2011.

1. aaronchow macrumors regular

I want to quit smoking and am looking at those sticky bandage thing that stick to your arms. Those things are expensive. They are like $60 per box and have different "levels" that targets different smokers.

Have you used one of those before? Does it really work?

I smoke around 8 cigarettes a day, and it has become a habit for me that I smoke while I drive and I smoke while I take a smoke break during work...

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Just stop smoking... right now. Make it a financial issue.

3. aaronchow thread starter macrumors regular

I will. I just don't have that extra money to smoke anymore. They are getting really expensive... $7 for a pack of Davidoff, and I can finish it in 2 days...

4. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

My wife, sister in law and I have all quit with hypnotherapy. I was skeptical, but we are all 4 years smoke free. :)
    One session at $90, but you have to really want to quit, otherwise you never will.

5. lighthouse_man macrumors 6502a

I don't know if they work but for me they didn't and I ended up smoking double the amount of cigarettes afterwards.

If you can handle the first week, cold turkey is the cheapest and one of the most effective. Try to read "The easy way to stop smoking" book, it will give you some insight on the withdrawal pscycology and some of the traps you can avoid.

6. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Been smoke free for 1 year, yesterday. Just quit. Accept that it's the right thing to do for any number of reasons and don't ever, ever have "just one." Also, eat lots and lots of gummy worms. They really helped with my cravings!

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I highly recommend electronic cigarettes. That's how I quit, and I was done that very day. That's been since January. I also play hockey and the two things just don't go together once you get to be a certain age. Had to make a decision between the two and cigarettes lost. I smoked for almost thirty years. Now when I get a craving, I just take a hit off one of those and I'm fine.

8. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Which e-cigs did you/do you use? I tried a few brands it just wasn't the same. I'd end up after having a few puffs of the e-cig lighting up a real one.

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

NJoy and Hot Vapes are really good. I tried a regular cigarette recently and it disgusted me. The e-cigs take a few days to get used to, but they really can work.

10. StoneSoup macrumors member

I hear it really does work. It gives a steady flow of nicotine which takes a bit of the edge off. Another thing is the nicorette gum.

I remember I used to be on Snus when I first quit, and that def. took the edge off, plus gave me the tobacco flavor I was missing. But Snus isn't exactly a safe alternative.

Gluck man.